Knoebels is a family park. Foul language and unruly behavior will not be tolerated. Running, spitting, or throwing of objects is not permitted. Clothing or body art which Knoebels determines contains vulgar graphics or profanity is not permitted. No solicitation or unapproved distribution of literature is permitted on park property.
Each guest must comply with the PA Rider Responsibility Act, as mandated by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Please remember that items in pockets are considered “loose items” that could injure you or another rider. Secure all loose items (including cell phones, cameras and hats) before riding.
Line jumping is not allowed under any circumstances. Line jumping is defined as cutting in line or leaving line and trying to re-enter for any reason. If a member of your party leaves the ride line for any reason (including using the restroom) the rest of the party may not “hold” his or her place. Instead, the person who left the line must go to the end of the line.
SmokingSmoking PolicyKnoebels is committed to clean air. At Knoebels, we care about all of our guests, and as part of our clean air commitment, smoking (including vapor and e-cigarette usage) is restricted to designated areas throughout the park. These areas are marked on our park maps. You can recognize the designated smoking areas in the park by their blue benches. We have created nine smoking areas within the park and one in the pool area. We hope to help preserve the safety and health of our guests. Your cooperation is appreciated.
In keeping with our family-friendly atmosphere, and for health and safety reasons, all Knoebels guests are required to wear shoes and shirts at all times. As a courtesy to others, modest dress is expected of all guests. Revealing or offensive clothing is not considered appropriate. Bikini bottoms, bikini tops, Speedo bottoms, thongs, and halter tops are not considered appropriate attire while in the park. While riding the Sklooosh or in the pool area, swimsuits may be worn, but after completion of the ride or if leaving the pool area, we ask that you change to park-appropriate attire (i.e. shoes, shirts, shorts). Some language, gestures, and suggestive art on apparel may be considered inappropriate. Knoebels reserves the right to address these issues with all guests. Due to the various surfaces within the park, closed-toe shoes are suggested for safety. Your cooperation is appreciated.
SafetyRider Safety Policy
Pennsylvania State laws and ride manufacturers regulate attraction accessibility. Restrictions are based on height and size requirements as well as health guidelines. Please follow these rules to ensure a safe experience for you and others. Observe the rider requirements posted at each ride. Please observe the ride in operation to decide if the ride is suitable for you or your family.
Pennsylvania Law states that riders of amusement and waterpark attractions are responsible for obeying rules and acting responsibly
§ 503. Rider's responsibility
(a) Responsibilities.--A rider is responsible for obeying the posted rules or oral instructions of amusement rides and shall abide by the following:
- A rider may not board or dismount from an amusement ride except at a designated area if one is provided.
- A rider may not throw or expel any object or matter from an amusement ride.
- A rider may not act in any manner contrary to posted and oral rules while boarding, riding on or dismounting from any amusement ride.
- A rider may not engage in any reckless act or activity which may tend to injure himself or others.
- While using amusement rides that require steering or control of himself or a car device, every rider shall maintain reasonable control of his speed and course at all times. A rider shall not steer the ride in such a manner as to intentionally harm another person.
- A rider may not disconnect, disable or attempt to disconnect or disable any safety device, seat belt, harness or other restraining device before, during or after movement of the ride has started except at the express instruction of the operator.
- A rider may not disembark or attempt to disembark from any amusement ride before, during or after movement of a ride has started except upon the express instruction of the operator.
- A rider may not board or attempt to board any amusement ride if he is under the influence of alcohol or any controlled substance as defined in the act of April 14, 1972 (P.L. 233, No. 64), known as The Controlled Substance, Drug, Device and Cosmetic Act,1 which impacts his ability to safely use the ride and abide by the posted and oral instructions. The operator may prevent a rider who is perceptibly or apparently under the influence of drugs or alcohol from riding on an amusement ride. An operator who prevents a rider from boarding a ride in accordance with this paragraph shall not be criminally or civilly liable in any manner or to any extent whatsoever if the operator has a reasonable basis for believing that the rider is under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- A rider may not alter or enhance the intended speed, course or direction of a ride by using any unauthorized device, instrument or method.
- A rider 14 years of age or older embarking on a ride after failing to pay appropriate consideration for its use, when required by amusement park rules and regulations, shall be considered to be a trespasser.
- A rider shall not attempt to gain access to controls of an amusement ride designed solely to be operated by employees of amusement parks.
Lost & FoundLost Articles & Lost and Found Policy
Loose articles are not permitted on most rides and should be left with a non-rider or placed in a locker. Knoebels employees cannot be responsible lost, stolen, or damaged items. Please secure all loose articles before boarding. In the event that an article is lost during the course of a ride, Knoebels will not suspend operations or attempt to retrieve the article. When the ride is properly shut down and safely secured at the end of the operating day, Knoebels will make every effort to retrieve and return lost articles. Any items that are retrieved from ride areas when the park closes will be kept at Lost and Found for 30 days. Lost and Found is located in the Rental Center building across from Security. If you have found a lost item, please contact a Knoebels team member, who will deliver the item to the department. Knoebels is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged items.
Child SwapChild Swap Program
If you and your partner would like to ride height-restricted rides but your child is not tall enough to ride, let the attendant know that you would like to take advantage of the Child Swap program. One parent may ride while the other stays with the child. At the conclusion of the initial ride, the parents may "swap" places.
Similarly, if one parent has two children who meet the height restriction but must be accompanied by a responsible rider or who wish not to ride alone, the parent may ride with one child while the other child waits in an appropriate area of the ride. At the conclusion of the initial ride, the parent may remain on the ride while the children "swap" places.
Knoebels encourages personal photography except while on rides. Professional and commercial photography are always prohibited without prior permission from the main park office.
For the safety of all our guests, Knoebels prohibits riders from taking any type of photography while on thrill rides unless the requirements listed below are met. Due to the nature of all rides and the potential for injury, unsecured cameras, cell phones, or any recording devices are not permitted on rides. To secure these items please place them in a locker or leave them with a non-rider.
If you choose to use a hands free camera the following conditions must be met:
- The camera must be secured by a 3 point or more harness, over the riders shoulders and around the torso, that is snapped or buckled closed and cannot be easily detached.
- The camera must be inside a case that snaps closed tightly and the case is securely attached to the harness with a mechanical fastener.
- At no time will any type of equipment that interferes with a rides safety restraint system be permitted.
- A Ride Operations Supervisor must approve of the device before it is used.
Solicitation and any distribution of literature or other materials on the Knoebels property is strictly prohibited. Depending on the severity of the manner in which the policy is broken, Knoebels reserves the right to request the involved parties vacate the property, or request law enforcement involvement.
AlcoholAlcohol PolicyAlcoholic beverages are not permitted in the park.
We welcome well-behaved pets at our park, and trust that owners will clean up after them as well as be responsible when deciding how their animal would react to an amusement park environment. We ask that they be kept either on a leash or in a carrier at all times. We reserve the right to ask you to leave the park if you are observed not abiding by our pet policy.
With the exception of service animals, pets are not allowed in any covered dining areas or pool area.
Guest Accessibility GuideGuest Accessibility Guide
Knoebels is committed to providing a safe environment for all our guests and strictly enforces all safety regulations in accordance with the Pennsylvania Rides Safety and Liability Act and Pennsylvania State Amusement Ride Inspection Act and in doing so, reserves the right to deny any guest admission to any ride. Most rides, attractions, games, gift shops, and food stands are accessible to all our guests.
As a courtesy to our disabled guests, Knoebels offers a special wristband which allows him / her to board the rides through the exit gates. These bands are for permanent physical and mental disabilities. Inquire at First Aid Dept.
- Diabetes, Asthma, Heart Conditions, Heat Conditions etc. are medical conditions, they do not qualify for the courtesy band. Knoebels reserves the right to refuse giving a band.
- Bone fractures, Sprains, Strains, Post Surgery, etc. are not permanent physical or mental disabilities, they are temporary inconveniences and do not qualify for the Disability Band.
The courtesy wristband allows the disabled guest and three (3) additional guests, for a total of four (4) to board the rides through the exit gate. This does not apply to the Flying Turns. This ride only allows for one (1) additional guest to accompany the disabled guest. This ride is weight based, weight maximum is 400lbs. If both riders are over, the disabled person, only if able, will have to ride alone.
The disabled guest MUST RIDE in order for the guests accompanying him / her to enter the ride through the exit gate. If the guest with the disability chooses not to ride, his / her accompanying guests must wait in the normal ride queue line. One or more accompanying guests must be able to physically assist the disabled guest on and off the ride, if help is required. Ride operators are not permitted or trained to physically assist guests onto or off the rides.
All height and medical restrictions still apply to each ride. Ride tickets or a hand stamp must still be purchased to ride each ride.
You are permitted to ride the attraction 2 consecutive times without disembarking, you must pay for each of the rides if you do not have a hand stamp. The Flying Turns attraction only allows 1 ride per guest, whether disabled or not. Everyone must disembark after each ride.
For safety reasons, during double-train operations on the roller coasters, we will not be able to accommodate our disabled guests. A double-train operations sign will be posted at the bottom of each exit ramp.
The courtesy wristband can only be used on the day it has been issued.
Handicap parking is provided for vehicles displaying a handicapped placard or license plate. These parking spaces are located in the front of the parking lot and at the tram shelters. Ask a Parking Attendant for assistance, if you are not sure where to go.
Wheelchairs & EVCs
Guests may bring their own or a limited number of wheelchairs and Electric Convenience Vehicles (EVC) are available at the Rent-All-Center on a first-come first-serve basis for a rental fee.
When renting, a drivers license is required as a security deposit. Guests must be 16 years of age to rent an ECV. ECV’s may be reserved in advance by calling the Rental Center at 1-800-487-4386.
All guests using wheelchairs or ECV’s, whether personal or rented, must follow all manufacturers’ operating guidelines and park safety rules. For safety reasons, Segways are NOT permitted in the park.
Most restrooms at Knoebels are wheelchair accessible. There are “Family Restrooms” available for guests who require assistance from members in their party. The Adult Care Center is located at the restrooms behind Cesari’s Pizza. This center is for adult or child personal hygiene needs.
The First Aid Station is located at the end of the Park Office Building, across from the Flyer Ride. It is staffed from 9:00am to approximately 1 hour after the park closes by a professionally trained Emergency Medical Technician, Paramedic, and / or Licensed Practical Nurse. Guests bringing medications that must be refrigerated, may leave these items in the First Aid Station.
Please label all medications and other related items with your Name and Phone Number.
The First Aid Station is prohibited by law to fill oxygen cylinders. There are no accommodations in the First Aid Station for adult or child personal hygiene needs. The “Family Restrooms” or the “Adult Care Center” may be used for those needs.
Riding the Rides
Guests with recent surgery, heart problems, high blood pressure, neck or back problems, seizures, pregnancy, or have any other condition that may be aggravated by riding must use discretion in selecting which rides to ride. You know your medical history, limitations, and restrictions, Knoebels does not. Therefore, YOU must use good judgment when deciding which rides to ride. Our primary concern is your ability to endure the dynamics of a ride without risk to yourself, other riders, or staff members. If you suspect your health could be at risk, or you could aggravate a pre-existing condition, DO NOT RIDE. We encourage you to watch each ride through it’s loading, operating and unloading cycle to understand its operation. This allows you to gather information about the ride and make an informed decision about which rides to go on.
All guests should be aware that, although remote, there is always the possibility that mechanical problems, power failure, or adverse weather conditions could occur leading to the sudden stoppage of a ride. In that event, riders may be required to evacuate the ride over catwalks or travel down steeply inclined ramps or steps. All guests MUST BE ABLE to evacuate themselves or with assistance from a member of their party. All guests must fit properly into all ride restraint systems. If a guest does not fit properly in the restraint system, they will not be able to ride that ride.
Service Animals must be under the owner’s control at all times. Owners are responsible for cleaning-up and disposing of their animal’s waste.